Every room is different—and so is every engineered floor. Having so many options is great but it’s also overwhelming when you’re trying to decide. One of the most beautiful, engineered hardwood flooring options is hickory. In this article, we’ll discuss how and when to incorporate hickory engineered flooring into your home.
Why We Love Hickory
There are a few reasons to love hickory: appearance, durability, and value.
- Appearance: Hickory is unique from other wood species thanks to its streaks of color that vary from plank to plank. The grain is obvious and the colors pop, making hickory an excellent choice for a floor that’s unlike any other.
- Durability: Hickory is a hardwood, which means it’s one of the most durable engineered hardwood flooring options. In the United States, hickory is the hardest wood available. Bring on the pets, kids, and the occasional skateboard in the house. Hickory can handle it.
- Value: Compared with other wood options, hickory is a great value. It’s reasonably priced and you get a lot for your money with its rare beauty and strength.
The Best Rooms for a Hickory Floor
Because of hickory’s extreme durability, it’s an excellent flooring choice for high-traffic areas. Consider hallways, kitchens, and any rooms that see a lot of life throughout the day.
Many describe hickory’s appearance as rustic. This makes it the perfect choice for cabins, farmhouse style, or any style where a rustic floor is desired.
Hardwoods like hickory work well in high-humidity areas. Think of finished basements and kitchens when wondering how and when to incorporate hickory engineered flooring into your home.
Why Engineered Hickory Hardwood Flooring?
Let’s look at the benefits of engineered hardwood hickory and why it’s a better option than solid hardwood:
- It’s cost-effective.
- It’s easy to install.
- It’s pre-stained and finished.
- It looks like solid wood.
- It can be sanded and stained again.
- It’s resistant to temperature changes and scratches.
- It’s low-maintenance.
Flooring sets the style of a home. Choose the right engineered floor for you, according to your tastes of appearance, durability, and value.
At From the Forest, we carry hickory engineered hardwood flooring, as well as many other beautiful wood species such as Smoke Hickory, Beam Hickory, Natural Hickory and much more to suit any of your flooring needs. Contact us for more information about engineered hardwood flooring or browse our online store for the perfect floor.